Saturday, June 13, 2009

Broad Area of Interest:

And so it has been said to land a job in an area that highly interests you.... :-) I thought that is what I was attempting to do by completing my degree in Public Health. Maybe that area of interest was just a little too broad. Saving the world. Attacking pharmaceutical companies. Fighting domestic abuse. Crusading against adolescent alcohol and drug abuse. Educating families and children on safe sexual behaviors.

So that has all been established. And now I have to look a little broader and decide what else may peak my interest. Really? After a $50 thousand dollar bachelors degree? I'm expected to look into "other" areas of interest. They say that in times of economic hardships such as these we need to broaden our horizons and ferociously attack the endless possibilities of employment available. I laugh at this.

Am I really expected to walk away from something that I haven't even had a chance to succeed in? Oh well. Now my dreamboard will be slightly altered and the research will begin. I will continue to search for job postings in my selected field and also research companies that operate in my field of choice.

For fear of sounding like a whining child I shall end my platform here.

In other news...

I have been bedside for about 4 hours now in my nannies hospital room. I can't seem to find the time to practice my own breathing treatments which will inevitably regulate my heart and my nerves. We've had some moments of uncertainty... Simply because the nurses just come floating in and begin working on the numerous tubes and monitors that are all hooked up to her body.

She is completely stable. No need for worry. Since I have been here she has had some issues with her spinal tap. She wasn't receiving the medicine that induces a numbing response and therefore was finding herself in quite a bit of pain. As a response to the pain she continued to hit her pain medicine button to administer more narcotics. Well... All the narcotics really do is cause her to be drowsy and out of it and it didn't do too much for the pain that she was beginning to feel slowly increase. Finally, the nurse called the anesthesia resident in and they determined that her machine wasn't working properly. This, in the meantime, has been taken care of and now she is sleeping soundly.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for papa or any other loved ones of family members in this same situation. Uncertainty, confusion, fear,and the list could probably continue to go on but now I need to get to some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment