It's been entirely too long since I have posted anything- I would love to take the time to rehash everything that has happened over the last several months, but I would rather just start on today.
I decided to start going diaper free yesterday after a bright red tushy presented itself during a diaper change. We have been cloth diapering since she was about 3 weeks old, they didn't fit her until then... I read about elimination control (EC) when I was pregnant and everybody thought I was crazy because I swore that I would be diaper free from birth. Little did I know how difficult the first few months with a newborn would actually be, but now that we seem to have a pattern down I feel like I'm a little bit more confident than I was when she first got here. I just figure she recognizes songs that I sing and she knows certain cues that I do for the day, so why not begin associating some with potty training.
As I'm speaking this into my lovely smart phone she rolls over and I notice her beginning to pee. So I stop what I'm doing and I make the psss sound.
I caught two pees today and I've missed one. I have decided that I'm going to change the language that the EC gurus use too. "Catching" a pee will be when I've noticed that she's starting and I'll make the verbal cue. And if we actually make it to the potty those are going to be called "saves."
It might get a little messy, but I think it's definitely worth a shot! Especially since she does watch me as I make the verbal cue while she's peeing. My overall expectations are low however, so we're just going to start very slow. I think a couple of hours a day of total diaper free and watching for bodily cues will be good enough for now. Not to mention it is Christmas and we do have several places to go- so we'll see what happens when we are all together with the entire family at Christmas time and my baby's lying around diaper free with pee squirting out everywhere.
Well, that's my intro into what my life will be like over the next few weeks/months living inside a life-size toilet :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment