Well I guess I've been given this question before and I'm pretty sure I didn't win the grand prize. Instead I obtained a degree, enjoyed the college life to its utmost fullest, and now find myself without a job. How can that be? They all said, "You'll go to college, you'll get a great degree, and you'll be able to pay off those student loans as soon as you graduate."
Reality: I graduated at the beginning of the beautiful thing we are all calling the GREAT RECESSION. Hello! I didn't say this could happen this way. Who ok'd all of this "recession" talk and "unemployment rates rising" stuff? So instead of landing a terrific career that would pay off all of the debt I accumulated I have been relatively unemployed for over 3 months now. Wait, I take that back... Much longer. I graduated last June and worked as a server on a resort for a year until I decided to dig into the job search. Now I am knuckle deep, a few scratches and bruises, and still no job.
I know that we will all make it out of this soon. But will it be soon enough to rope in an income that will assist me in my education loan that is equivalent to a house loan... And in the mean time I will pick myself up off my chemical laden carpet floor and knock down every restaurant door within a 25 mile radius.
WE WILL PREVAIL!
No comments:
Post a Comment